Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Sermon Download

More
11 Feb 2013 02:49 #3037 by Edward Gutman
Thank you for the great work on this extension. It is a wonderful addition to our new website.

If I missed something in the documentation or forum, please forgive me for posting. I'm new to Joomla and web development.

I have an issue where our site does not behave like your demo site. I have enabled the download button, but when you click on it the browser opens and then loads the file into a player. On your demo site, a dialog box is presented to allow the user to save the file. This is the behavior we would like to have. Can you advise what we need to do? Is there a change we need to make to Apache?

Thank you for your response.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2013 14:40 #3041 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Sermon Download
The download function only works for files stored locally on the server. It doesn't work for files on external servers like Amazon S3 or similar.
I guess that's the case for you.

More
11 Feb 2013 16:00 #3043 by Edward Gutman
Replied by Edward Gutman on topic Sermon Download
I'm sorry I didn't specify, but our files are stored locally. I think it has to do with the mime type, but I tried setting the mime type to application/octet-stream and that didn't seem to fix it.

More
11 Feb 2013 16:29 #3044 by Thomas Hunziker
Do you have an URL where I could have a look?

More
11 Feb 2013 16:39 #3045 by Edward Gutman

More
11 Feb 2013 17:28 #3046 by Thomas Hunziker
Did you enter the URL to the file manually or did you use the dropdown lists?
If manually, did you use an absolute path (http://.....) or a relative one (/sermonaudio/...)?

If you used an absolute path, try using a relative one for local files. If the URL starts with "http://" SermonSpeaker assumes it's an external file.

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds