Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

sh404sef or normal sef

More
20 Mar 2012 13:31 #1653 by Llewellyn
Hi

I have moved over 1700 sermons and 100 speakers in to the 4.x SS with the hope of using the sef urls. Having done this all seems okay, but then I made menu links and the first one of the menus you click on becomes the default for all the other.

First I thought it was the sh404sef so I turned it off and only use Joomla's default, but the same thing soon as I click on any of those menu links it becomes the default to all the other no matter which one I click it opens the first page again.

These menu links are "sermon list" that links to different categories, because inside the menu:

Basic Options

Choose a layout [ did nothing ]
Category for series [ did nothing ]
Category for speaker [ did nothing ]
Category for sermons [ I selected the category ]
Limit shown sermons [ 0 ]

Now I have turned the sef off completely and the problem is still the same.

You can few the links here:
www.hisekklesia.nam.am/index.php?option=...e&id=1500&Itemid=414 [ not this website is an upgrade and still in production ]

running: Joomla 2.5.3
SermonSpeaker 4.x

Hope we can get this fixed :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2012 15:34 - 20 Mar 2012 15:36 #1654 by Llewellyn
I see it has something to do with the "Cach" I turned the cache off and now all the links work right.

This is a problem though, what can be done to prevent the cache from messing with the links? and it still does not want to work with sef enabled...
Last edit: 20 Mar 2012 15:36 by Llewellyn. Reason: more info

More
20 Mar 2012 15:39 - 20 Mar 2012 15:39 #1656 by Llewellyn
It looks like I spoke to soon, having the cach off and still the menu links don't work right...
Last edit: 20 Mar 2012 15:39 by Llewellyn. Reason: spelling

More
20 Mar 2012 15:41 #1657 by Andrei Chernyshev
what I'm noticing sometimes happens that menu entry categories don't match to the series, sermons, and categories items. can you check on those. if one is roon and im menu you have it set as something else they will not show up.

More
20 Mar 2012 15:57 #1658 by Thomas Hunziker
At the moment everything seems to work correct for me, or I don't understand the issue. If it's bugged at the moment try to clear your browser cache just to be sure. If it's still present try to describe it again. I'm not english native speaker, so this may be a problem of my understanding as well :-)

The caching may indeed be a bug. I have to admit that I never tested the caching as I don't use it myself. I just don't trust the Joomla cache as I had issues with it early on.
I have an idea what could be wrong, but have to find it again. It would be related to caching turned on and using categories to filter the list.

More
20 Mar 2012 22:11 #1660 by Thomas Hunziker
I've added some URL parameters to the cache storeid so it should be more reliable. Especially Itemid is interesting as the filter params should be taken into account this way.
Also disabled caching for logged in users. This seems to be standard behaviour in the core components.
Also in core they disable caching for list views if there is a POST request (means mainly active filtering by the user). This is something I may have to do as well. The reason is probably that the caching will be slower in this cases.
I would be very interested in your feedback if you test it out. Mainly if it's working now and if the performance (or also cache size) is ok.

If you want to test it, extract the attached file:

File Attachment:

File Name: controller...3-20.zip
File Size:2 KB

And save it to

components/com_sermonspeaker/controller.php

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds