Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Migration from 3.4.3

More
22 Jan 2011 02:03 - 22 Jan 2011 02:04 #102 by Andrei Chernyshev
took a bit to figure out how to export sql so that it would be inserted correctly without errors. This is here for anyone who is also having any trouble.
Export "SQL"
Check "Structure"
Check "Add DROP TABLE / VIEW / PROCEDURE / FUNCTION"
Check "Add IF NOT EXISTS"
Check "Add AUTO_INCREMENT value"
Check "Enclose table and field names with backquotes"
Export Type "Insert"
Last edit: 22 Jan 2011 02:04 by Andrei Chernyshev.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2011 07:43 #105 by Thomas Hunziker
Made that sticky, thanks Andrei

More
22 Jan 2011 08:18 - 22 Jan 2011 08:19 #107 by Andrei Chernyshev
migration is not perfect but it's alot better than rebuilding from scratch, categories are messing up. and alias new feature has to be set for series and speakers.
Last edit: 22 Jan 2011 08:19 by Andrei Chernyshev.

More
22 Jan 2011 09:16 #109 by Thomas Hunziker
That's true. The migration doesn't change anything in the data, it only changes the tables so they're up to date.

The new alias field for speaker and series will be empty, but this doesn't break anything. The links will just be made with the ids instead.

The categories need to be rebuilt in J1.6 from scratch anyway, as they are handled differently than in J1.5.

More
04 Feb 2011 21:14 #225 by Rev. Joel A. Brondos
If I'm going to upgrade both Joomla AND Sermon Speaker, which would it be better to upgrade first?

More
04 Feb 2011 21:21 #226 by Andrei Chernyshev
you can't install sermon speaker 4.0 on Joomla 1.5 if I'm not mistaken. I'd put 1.6 into different folder on your server i.e. Joomla 1.5 is in root www.mysite.com and 1.6 in www.mysite.com/j or something like that. that way there is no down time on your site. while you are doing upgrade. and once everything is setup you can do a permanent redirect to 1.6 folder.

Time to create page: 0.324 seconds