Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Search Plugin not working

More
28 Aug 2011 07:52 #971 by James Trogdon
I'm using 3.4.3 and I have installed the search plugin for 3.4.3 but it's not working. I'm using Joomla 1.5.23. When I type the sermon title in the Joomla search box on my test site, which is on my local machine, I get zero results. The sermon is listed on my sermon list from SermonSpeaker along with the other sermons. I checked to make sure everything is published and as far as I can tell it is.

Is there something I'm missing that needs to be done in order to activate this? Thanks for the help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2011 09:00 #974 by Thomas Hunziker
You need to enable the search plugin after you installed it. Maybe you didn't do this?

More
28 Aug 2011 17:20 #976 by James Trogdon
That was the first thing I checked. I went into the Plugin Manager and made sure that the entry "Search - SermonSpeaker" was enabled. I even went into the Module Manager to match sure that Search was enabled.

When I do a search I can see the checkboxes for Sermons and Series but no matter what title of the sermon I try it always returns zero results. I can get results from articles but not sermons. Any ideas?

More
28 Aug 2011 19:24 #978 by Thomas Hunziker
Can I have a look at your page so I could try it myself?
I just checked it on my testing site and it's working like it should.

More
29 Aug 2011 02:45 #981 by James Trogdon
The site I'm working with is only installed on my localhost. I'm currently developing it and it's not online anywhere. This site was upgraded from SermonSpeaker 3.4.1 to 3.4.3 if that makes any difference. I went into the SQL admin and did a query on the sermon title and that shows correctly but I know that is very different than from doing it inside a Joomla site.

I don't get any error messages but it's like the search is ignoring SermonSpeaker. Any ideas on some debugs I can throw at SermonSpeaker so I can see what's going on?

More
29 Aug 2011 08:05 #985 by Thomas Hunziker
Actually the SQL code Joomla will use is something like this:
Code:
SELECT a.sermon_title AS title, a.notes AS text, a.sermon_date AS created, "2" AS browsernav, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(a.alias) THEN CONCAT_WS(':', a.id, a.alias) ELSE a.id END as slug, CONCAT_WS( " / ", "Sermons", c.series_title, a.sermon_title ) AS section FROM #__sermon_sermons AS a INNER JOIN #__sermon_series AS c ON c.id = a.series_id WHERE ( (LOWER(a.sermon_title) LIKE "search_text") OR (LOWER(a.sermon_scripture) LIKE "search_text") OR (LOWER(a.notes) LIKE "search_text") ) AND a.published = 1 AND c.published = 1 ORDER BY a.sermon_date ASC
Replace "search_text" with the search string and replace "#_" in the table names with your actual prefix.

I don't think between 3.4.1 and 3.4.3 was any difference for this.

You could install JDump and check the various variables in the plugin (plugins/search/sermonspeaker.php) and see if they are filled.

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds