Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Right file - wrong download

• Richard Pearce
  • Richard Pearce's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
21 Jul 2011 22:24 #786 by Richard Pearce
Right file - wrong download was created by Richard Pearce
We've been using Sermon Speaker for a while without problems but something strange happened with our latest file. It appears in the summary list correctly. When you go to the detailed page, the player starts automatically and the correct file is played. However if you choose to download the file, it downloads the wrong file. It's one from several weeks ago.

The detailed page is www.stmattsweb.org.au/sermon/10158-people-in-prayer-david.html

I don't know if this is related, but on the player for this on, the running time is shown as 600 minutes which is clearly wrong. I don't know where this is read from but I checked the file and it is should be 32:03.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2011 06:38 #788 by Thomas Hunziker
The time is taken from the time (duration) field. If it's empty it will (should) take the time from the file itself.

The file is a bit more wierd. Does this happen with all downloads or only a few/some specific?

• Richard Pearce
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
22 Jul 2011 07:02 #789 by Richard Pearce
Replied by Richard Pearce on topic Re: Right file - wrong download
Just the one file I mentioned. Everything else is okay.

More
23 Jul 2011 08:27 #794 by Thomas Hunziker
So, back from holidays :-)

For the wierd time: It looks like you misunderstood the meaning of the "time" field. It should contain the length of the sermon, not the time when it was held.

The download thing is more complicate. To me it looks like you have some 3rd party SEF or Caching component installed. Those may even come bundled with the template. RocketTheme builds awesome looking templates which tend to break 3rd party components like SermonSpeaker.
Whatever URL I enter for the SermonSpeaker component, I always get the download of this file from 8th may. Even different views like the feed ( www.stmattsweb.org.au/index.php?option=c...monspeaker&view=feed ) or the sermons list ( www.stmattsweb.org.au/index.php?option=c...speaker&view=sermons ) which works with the SEF URL.

You should probably check the template settings and its accompagning modules and plugins if there is an option which causes this. Or ask RocketTheme if they know something.

• Richard Pearce
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
23 Jul 2011 21:12 #808 by Richard Pearce
Replied by Richard Pearce on topic Re: Right file - wrong download
I hadn't even noticed it was doing this on other files. Disabling sh404SEF for this component fixed it. It would be nice if it was compatible with sh404SEF given its popularity.

More
23 Jul 2011 21:54 #809 by Thomas Hunziker
The main problem with sh404SEF is that it costs money. So there is no way I can develop a plugin for it since I don't have the component to test it.
Someone once wrote a plugin for SermonSpeaker 3.4. It can be found on the old Projectpage: joomlacode.org/gf/project/sermon_speaker...iew&release_id=12348 .
I have no clue if it's still working for SermonSpeaker 3.4.3.

If someone has the component and wants to write such a plugin, I'm happy to offer it for download then. I can also assist with informations, I'm just unable to program it myself without a way to test and debug it.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds