Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Audio is choppy

More
16 Apr 2012 20:06 - 16 Apr 2012 20:08 #1792 by Jason
Audio is choppy was created by Jason
I have been using sermonspeaker for well over a year now, and I have started getting complaints from users that they can't hear our sermons online anymore. So, i checked with a few computers, and the audio is all chopped up, you can't hardly hear anything. So, I checked the .mp3 file that is recorded, and that plays fine. I checked our podcast on iTunes, and that sounds fine as well. I then checked some more computers, and I got one to play it fine. I noticed they had flash version 10.x. I noticed on the ones that it did not play correctly on all had 11.x. How can I get my sermons to play on this newer version of flash?? The sermons are located here: www.zluth.org/sermons.html

Something else that is interesting, is that anything before March of 2012 seems to play fine in all versions of flash.

If anyone could help, i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!!
Last edit: 16 Apr 2012 20:08 by Jason.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2012 20:38 #1793 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Re: Audio is choppy
SermonSpeaker doesn't touch the file at all when it displays the sermons. All it does is providing a link to the file in the Flash parameteres.
So the chopping is coming solely from Flash or the file itself, not from SermonSpeaker.

Can you check with another Flash player like JW Player? Does it happen there as well?
Also maybe check if you changed something in your recording software which could have caused this.

More
17 Apr 2012 00:03 #1794 by Jason
Replied by Jason on topic Re: Audio is choppy
Could it be because we had changed the input properties for our input device to record in 1 channel, 16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD quality)? Also, how would I use a different flash player to play sermons from sermonspeaker? It's just interesting that the mp3 plays fine on my iPhone and on my computer using my mp3 player, but online, it's not playing right.

Thanks for the help!

More
17 Apr 2012 07:55 #1797 by Thomas Hunziker
The player you're using now is the Wordpress Audio Player . In the SermonSpeaker options you can choose to use JW Player (default one) or Flowplayer.
If the error is only present with one player, then it's the implementation. If it's present with all of them, it's probably a Flash issue.

As a side note, there is no real need to record a sermon in DVD quality as long as you only record the speach. It only makes sense if you also record music. We record with 16kHz, 24kBit/s, mono and it's working fine.

More
17 Apr 2012 13:18 #1802 by Jason
Replied by Jason on topic Re: Audio is choppy
I don't see anything anywhere in the "parameters" screen that allows me to change to JW Player or Flowplayer. How do I know I am using the Wordpress Audo Player? I am using sermonspeaker 3.4.3.

Thanks!

More
17 Apr 2012 15:28 #1804 by Thomas Hunziker
Ah, in SermonSpeaker 3.4.3 the parameter is named "Alternative Player". "Yes" means the "Wordpress Audio Player" and "No" is the default "JW Player". Try with "No" and maybe also check the menu item parameters, in Joomla 1.5 the component parameters can be set there as well.

Time to create page: 0.310 seconds