Transparent popups

More
13 Aug 2013 21:50 #3770 by Othniel Hinckson
Hello,
I am having an issue being able to see the popups when I hover over them with my mouse. Is there a way to put a color background on them so they are visible at all times?
I do realize that it could be my template that is creating the issue.

I the image I hovered over "Date" and it gives a popup that says, "Click to sort by this column." Kind of hard to read.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Aug 2013 09:17 #3771 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Transparent popups
It's indeed a template issue. SermonSpeaker uses the Joomla tooltip function for those popups.

I wrote a FAQ entry a year ago where I explained how the tooltips (and pagination) can be fixed in case they don't look well. Have a look at the FAQ: sermonspeaker.net/faq.html .

I have to say that this guide probably is no longer valid for Joomla 3.x as here, Bootstrap tooltips are used and they probably have a different markup.
You can have a look at \media\jui\less\tooltip.less to see what the Bootstrap styling would be.

More
20 Aug 2013 17:37 #3783 by Othniel Hinckson
Replied by Othniel Hinckson on topic Transparent popups
Thank you Thomas.
I used the the code in the FAQ and it did exactly what I wanted it to do which was put a background on the tooltip pop-ups. However, after I updated joomla to 3.1.5 it did away with tooltip pop-ups for menu items but it is still there for the download button, which is really what I need.

More
20 Aug 2013 17:51 #3784 by Thomas Hunziker
I'm not sure what Markup it uses there. But I would guess it's still either the old one or then it's Bootstrap one. tip-wrap, tip-title, tip-text, tip-top and tip-bottom seem to be the classes used for it.

More
20 Aug 2013 22:35 - 20 Aug 2013 23:12 #3786 by Othniel Hinckson
Replied by Othniel Hinckson on topic Transparent popups
Uh oh. Now I have a whole new problem. I updated sermon Speaker to 5.0.3 and all of my formatting in css is gone. I had alternating different color rows but now gone.
Also when hover over the title of a column the whole column shifts around to make room for the tooltip. I have attached a before and after of the column shifting.

Thank you for your input.
Last edit: 20 Aug 2013 23:12 by Othniel Hinckson. Reason: forgot pix

More
20 Aug 2013 22:51 #3788 by Thomas Hunziker
You forgot the pictures ;)

But anyway, SermonSpeaker 5.x is written especially for Joomla 3.x and thus uses Bootstrap markup ( getbootstrap.com/2.3.2/ ). A true Joomla 3.x template is supposed to support that markup either by including Bootstrap itself or by providing own rules which match that markup.
It sounds like your templates doesn't do that.

The SermonSpeaker layouts also follow the layouts used in core. You can try it if you test it with the default template "Protostar".

For the alternating rows: There is the class "table-striped" ( getbootstrap.com/2.3.2/base-css.html#tables ) which does exactly that.

Time to create page: 0.301 seconds