Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Amazon S3 Audio Upload - Uploading M4A but not MP3

More
15 Dec 2017 11:41 #6913 by Joe
Hello, I have amazon s3 set up to host audio for SermonSpeaker. I've done this several times in the past, but it seems like this time, I cannot get the mp3 to upload all the way. It simply hangs with the blue progress bar completely filled but never says uploaded successfully and it never shows up in my S3 bucket. However, if I try the same thing with an M4A audio, no problems! I'm assuming this is probably not a problem with SermonSpeaker, but rather something not right with bucket permissions or something, but hoping maybe somebody here would have an idea, as permissions with Amazon S3 is so confusing to me.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2017 11:59 - 15 Dec 2017 11:59 #6914 by Joe
Ok, so after further consideration, I was able to upload an MP3 from the AWS console as well as through Transmit (desktop FTP/SFTP/AWS client). So it seems my bucket allows for mp3 uploads, but it's not following through when trying to upload mp3's from SS. Which is weird, because I can upload MP4's from SS.. So, yeah, I'm confused, haha!
Last edit: 15 Dec 2017 11:59 by Joe.

More
15 Dec 2017 17:36 #6915 by Thomas Hunziker
Can you try if it works to upload to your own server using SermonSpeaker? This way we would find out at which point it breaks.
Also make sure "mp3" is listed in the "Audio Filetypes" parameter in the SermonSpeaker options ("editing" tab).

More
15 Dec 2017 20:14 #6916 by Joe
Hi Tom, same result trying to upload to local servier. M4A uploads, but not mp3. However, with this setting, I actually get an error message rather than the progress bar just hanging.

"file.mp3 (1.4 mb) » Error: COM_SERMONSPEAKER_FU_ERROR_UNABLE_TO_UPLOAD_FILE"

More
15 Dec 2017 22:31 #6917 by Thomas Hunziker
Then it's not because of SermonSpeaker blocking the upload. Then it is either Joomla somehow blocking it (security extension) or the server itself (eg mod_security).

Can you try what happens if you try uploading an mp3 using the Joomla media manager?

More
18 Dec 2017 15:30 #6918 by Joe
Hit the nail on the head, Thomas! RSFirewall by default includes .mp3 as a banned extension. Thank you so much for your help!

Time to create page: 0.300 seconds