Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Series Column Layout

More
12 Nov 2017 03:49 #6882 by Justin
Series Column Layout was created by Justin
Hello

Can someone help me remove the speaker picture in the single series Column Layout. In this layout if the title is too long the other columns get pushed down. It would also help to have the title flow down to another line.
On the demo page here the second sermon has this issue.
www.sermonspeaker.net/columns-layout.html

I deleted the line in php and it removed the picture but the empty column is still there.

Thank you all!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2017 14:15 #6883 by Thomas Hunziker
I think you could try with giving the column a max-width like this:
Code:
div.column-content { max-width: 300px; }

But it's only a hack and probably will produce issues in different resolutions (phone, tablet, desktop). You may also have to try what value works best.

I think I should rewrite the layout to use Bootstrap grid or the new CSS grid or flexbox.

More
12 Nov 2017 17:41 #6884 by Justin
Replied by Justin on topic Series Column Layout
That would be very helpful. I like the look of the layout as it cleanly shows all the available files and even saves having to go to the sermon details page.!

More
13 Nov 2017 14:24 #6889 by Thomas Hunziker
can you try the attached version? I tried to use flexbox now and think it works out quite nice. Make sure to clear browser cache since the CSS file got changed.

File Attachment:

File Name: columns_20...1-13.zip
File Size:12 KB

There is one thing I'm not yet sure if it's good. If you look at www.sermonspeaker.net/columns-layout.html , the image now gets smaller when the title is longer.
It's easy to change that so the image is always the same width, but then the title obviously gets wrapped more.

Also, when shrinking the window, I've changed how it behaves. Now it will put everything below eachother.
Attachments:

More
23 Nov 2017 17:51 #6907 by Justin
Replied by Justin on topic Series Column Layout
Hello

Thank you for the file. I like the way the file links move underneath on mobile devices.
where does this file update to? I want to change the wording on the file links and also delete the picture.

More
23 Nov 2017 18:03 #6908 by Thomas Hunziker
For the sermons list, the file is in /components/com_sermonspeaker/views/sermons/tmpl/columns.php
See www.sermonspeaker.net/documentation/layouting/21-layouts.html for some basic explanation.

You can also override it in your template if you want. And the wording could be overriden using the Joomla language manager :)

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds