Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Error #-200: HTTP Error.

More
10 Mar 2017 20:21 #6579 by Nick Lauren
First, GREAT extension. Our church really loves it...awesome job.

We're uploading a bunch of sermons from over the years...and most of them work. Some, however do not upload and we get this error: Error #-200: HTTP Error.

I checked, and it's not a size issue (bigger ones upload just fine) or a naming issue. We are uploading through both the front end and back end. Unfortunately the sermons are too big to attach the actual files...but I did take a screenshot of one of the folders with the problem file highlighted. How can I troubleshoot this?

alcastoria.org/

Thanks!

Nick
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2017 23:08 #6580 by Thomas Hunziker
Hard to say just from a screenshot of the filename.
Did you try to upload it more than once and it always fails?
Can you check the server error log file? Maybe try to enable error reporting and setting it to maximum in the Joomla Global Configuration. Sometimes you'll see an error there.

More
11 Mar 2017 20:26 #6581 by Nick Lauren
Yeah, I've tried everything. It is only certain files that fail (about 1/3 of them) and I can't figure out a common link (naming, size etc) between them. Every single one of the files that work, always work and the ones that don't work, never work.

I've also tried uploading the problem files to the /images folder via ftp and they upload just fine. Also, error reporting isn't showing me anything (i've tried both maximum and developer).

Has anyone else ever had an issue like this before?

Thank you Thomas.

Nick

More
11 Mar 2017 21:18 #6583 by Thomas Hunziker
Can you send me the link to the file not working (assuming it's uploaded to your images folder now using FTP)? Then I can try it here on my test server.
You can use my email directly to send me the link.

More
11 Mar 2017 21:55 #6584 by Nick Lauren
Hey Thomas,

Here is the direct link for the file: alcastoria.org/images/Ben%20Johnson%20%2...13%2C%20Luke%209.mp3

I really appreciate your time.

Nick

More
11 Mar 2017 23:48 #6585 by Thomas Hunziker
The file works fine when I try to upload it on my test server and on SermonSpeaker.net.
So either something in the file changed during upload/download or it's related to your server settings somehow.
The first case could be tested by downloading the file and try to upload it again, rename it so it doesn't error out due to the already existing file.
The second case would have to be troubleshooted with your hoster. They may have more tools and knowledge to track those failures. You could also try with a localhost (eg a XAMPP installation) and see if the same happens there as well.

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds