Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

How to show more sermons?

More
16 May 2017 15:38 #6669 by Tim Kist
Hi there!

We're still running on 3.4.2 with Joomla 1.5 (so old I know) and I can't seem to find out how to change the amount of podcast items are shown in XML. I saw ages ago if you change a setting in global settings that it takes that as the limit for the podcast XML but it still only shows 10. Any idea how to go around this?

Thanks!

Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2017 16:00 #6670 by Tim Kist
Replied by Tim Kist on topic How to show more sermons?
Hmm, looks like there's a setting in Global Settings to change the feed length, but the configuration file fails to update.

Could not make configuration.php writeable
Could not make configuration.php unwriteable

Any ideas?

More
16 May 2017 17:19 #6671 by Thomas Hunziker
I don't remember how SermonSpeaker 3.4.2 worked, but the "Feed Length" parameter in the global configuration sounds certainly correct. At least it's the parameter the current SermonSpeaker version still uses.

As to why you can't save it, that is something you need to check with your hoster. Most likely a permission issue. If you have a half serious hoster, he probably made the whole Joomla installation write protected to prevent it from being hacked :D

Honestly, the only good advise that I can give you is to migrate your Joomla to 3.7.0 and update all extensions to current versions. Joomla 1.5.26 was end of life in September 2012. That was almost 5 years ago. It's a pain to migrate, yes. But it's not really a question IF you get hacked by now, it is only a question WHEN you get hacked. And that will be much more painful than the migration.

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds