Multiple speaker semon numbering?

More
20 Apr 2018 17:10 #7059 by K A R Wright
Hi Thomas
Putting this in as a feature request though possibly you've got a means for it to be achieved already?

Basically we have up to 6 different speakers providing sermons in our church as I'm sure many others do too. I used to change the numbering between each speaker using text e.g. AB1, DS3, etc initially until I realised that the system wouldn't accept text and so switched to adding in 0's instead e.g. 01, 00004, but then spotted that the system also removes leading zeros.

SO I wondered if you've any other option set up to facilitate this as it would prove quite useful for us to know how many sermons each person has preached as some of our trainees have to show they've hit certain targets etc?

Thanks again
Romayne :)
Belfast UK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2018 21:13 #7060 by Thomas Hunziker
So you want to see which speaker has how many sermons assigned?
I think currently there is no simple way except by filtering and guessing from the count of pages.
My first idea would be to expand the SermonSpeaker Administration Module so it can show the count of sermons for speakers (and series). That should be a simple thing to add.

More
21 Apr 2018 21:04 #7061 by K A R Wright
Hi Thomas
Yeah - I think it's just since you have a facility to number sermons at all, then it would certainly be helpful to at least be able to provide a number for each speaker - could you even just allow for text to go in the sermon numbering field? That would allow me to do as I was initially where I was putting initials beside each speakers sermon number (until I realised that didn't work :) ).

Ultimately it's a small thing - I'm sure you've far more important tasks to put your time to, so you can leave this one until sometime in the future perhaps when you're not too busy :).

Appreciate your speedy responses as always!
Regards

More
21 Apr 2018 21:19 #7062 by Thomas Hunziker
The sermon number field is meant to specifiy an order for eg sermons in a series. It's an integer field in the database which means it only accepts numbers. Also, the speaker is already specified in the sermon, so it doesn't make much sense to add the same information into another field.
Series and speakers don't have such a field anyway.

I'm still not exactly sure why you want to misuse that field. If it's only to keep track of which speaker has done how many sermons, then my idea with the module should help you. It will show like this:
Attachments:

More
21 Apr 2018 23:36 #7063 by K A R Wright
Wow - that solution would be perfect Thomas - apologies - I wasn't aware of the real purpose for that numbering field hence the confusion, but yes so long as I'd have the means of being able to see who's done what that would be a tremendous addition.

Thanks SO much as always for your hard work :)
Blessings

More
23 Apr 2018 13:20 #7064 by Thomas Hunziker
I've just released new versions of the component and the module. That should do the trick :)

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds