Reports?

More
16 Feb 2018 16:22 #6974 by K A R Wright
Reports? was created by K A R Wright
Hi Thomas
Coming again with another need that maybe can't easily be provided (or maybe Joomla or yourself already provide an app for it?) - is there a way to easily provide a report on sermons & popularity etc or a report with fields of your choosing etc? I've checked your plugins but couldn't find anything of that nature & no idea what to seek in Joomla itself.

I'm currently doing a Copy/Paste but it's a nightmare trying to get the info to read as I want without hours of work cleaning it up :(

Thanks as always
Romayne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2018 19:47 #6975 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Reports?
In the backend there is a "Statistics" button in the "Tools" view which gives an XML output of the sermons. It gives you the id, title and hitcount of the sermons.
If you need more information, you can get it directly from the database with the right tools (eg phpMyAdmin). But that of course needs a bit knowledge about database queries.
Depends what you actually need.
The following user(s) said Thank You: K A R Wright

More
16 Feb 2018 23:24 #6976 by K A R Wright
Replied by K A R Wright on topic Reports?
Ahh Thomas thank you SO much - you're truly amazing :). I just so appreciate your speedy replies & helpful input. I'm sure at times it's tiring keeping on top of all the sometimes repetitive or basic questions in the Forum, but unlike the authors of some other apps I use, you're the only one who provides such incredible help & support for a FREE product!!! Do you take donations at least towards your costs? I'm sure many would be willing to help out.

But yes your suggestions will work fine for my needs at present - I'm just trying to provide useful reports on the popularity of certain sermons etc.

Thanks again :)

More
17 Feb 2018 10:05 #6977 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Reports?
Just don't take the hitcounts to serious. As those are counting every pageload, it also counts search engines, not only human beings. Just keep that in mind.

As for donations, there is a tiny button at the bottom of this page where you can make donations towards my PayPal account. It doesn't get me much (around 300$ during last year) but it is enough to cover the website costs and a computer game or some DVD. So I don't complain :)

Time to create page: 0.290 seconds