AcyMailing request

More
28 Jun 2015 22:14 #5365 by Devin Smoot
I was wondering if it would be possible to make a plugin that could pull the last few (2-5) sermons and list them in an AcyMailing newsletter. Just a small side module with text only. Nothing spectacular. So that when I send out or newsletters every week the latest sermons can be included. Any feedback would be great. Even if this isn't a possibility.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jun 2015 22:43 #5366 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic AcyMailing request
There is the content plugin which allows you to add sermon information/link to an article. But that needs the ID of the sermon you want in there. So there is no automatic "get latest few sermons".

There is on the other hand the latest sermons module which does exactly what you want, so you would somehow need to add that module into the AcyMaling newsletter. Now, if AcyMailing supports content plugins, then you can use the "Content - Load Modules" plugin which ships with Joomla. This one is a plugin which is rarely know, but it's very powerful. It lets you do exactly that, load a module into an article.
All you need to do is enable the plugin, create the module and assign it to a custom position like "user-1" (just enter a name into the position dropdown box and hit enter). Then go to the article and write {loadposition user-1}. Done.

More
29 Jun 2015 00:51 #5369 by Devin Smoot
Replied by Devin Smoot on topic AcyMailing request
Thank you for the quick response Thomas. I will look into it. It sounds perfect.

Thanks again!

More
29 Jun 2015 04:09 #5371 by Devin Smoot
Replied by Devin Smoot on topic AcyMailing request
A little more research on the web showed that I just missed it. AcyMailing offers it in their Enterprise level. I will be getting that. I am providing a link in case any one else ever has this question.

Thanks Thomas. You pointed me in the right direction and I found the answer I needed.

www.acyba.com/acymailing/104-acymailing-plugin-tagmodule.html

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds