Duplicating Single Sermon style for Single Series

More
04 Sep 2014 06:39 #4823 by Klo
Updating from SermonSpeaker 4.4 to 4.5.8 broke a custom layout that our previous web developer created. Rather than dig deep into her code to figure out the problem, I thought it might be easier to convert an existing Single Sermon layout (All in a Row) to work for the Single Series layout.

Any suggestions that might make the process easier to understand?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2014 10:58 #4825 by Thomas Hunziker
I would have to see the broken layout to say what is the easiest way to fix it.
The biggest change between 4.4 and 4.5 is explained here: www.sermonspeaker.net/documentation/rele...onspeaker-4-5-0.html , you need to adjust how you call the player. It may well be the cause of your issue.

However I wouldn't use a single sermon layout as the base anyway. The single series layout is more like a sermons list layout, but with added information about the series on top.

More
04 Sep 2014 15:51 - 04 Sep 2014 15:53 #4826 by Klo
Thomas,

I've attached screenshots of the before and after as well as the broken layout (swff.txt). I really do appreciate you taking the time to look at it.

Klo
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Sep 2014 15:53 by Klo.

More
04 Sep 2014 16:22 #4827 by Thomas Hunziker
The missing player is exactly what I wrote in the release article. I can fix that in your layout this evening.

A question about the untranslated download string you got. SermonSpeaker itself supports a string for audio and one for video. It doesn't have one for mp3 specific. I can change it so it will show the generic audio string if you don't need a specific one. Otherwise you need to translate it yourself and add it using the language override feature in the language manager.

More
04 Sep 2014 16:43 #4828 by Klo
I don't think the we need a specific mp3 string, if the audio string will work just fine.

More
04 Sep 2014 17:51 #4831 by Thomas Hunziker
Try with this one (unzip first)

File Attachment:

File Name: swff.zip
File Size:3 KB
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds