iPhone Streaming.

More
24 May 2013 15:40 #3516 by Kyle
iPhone Streaming. was created by Kyle
Well first of all, I must say that I love Sermon Speaker. It works very well. I just have a question when it comes to streaming the audio from an iPhone..

When I go to my church's website and download the audio, it will play for about 5 minutes and then reset to the beginning. Also, it won't let me fast forward at all either. Is there any way I can fix this? Thank you in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2013 15:58 #3517 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic iPhone Streaming.
Unfortunately I don't have an iPhone myself. So I can't comment much on this.

Since an iPhone doesn't support Flash, SermonSpeaker (more precisely the used player) generates a HTML5 video tag for the sermon or simply show a download link. From there it's up to the browser what it will do with it. I think the iPhone opens the video in a native player.

From there it's completely out of the scope of SermonSpeaker. It's works directly between the device and the server, without involving Joomla nor SermonSpeaker at all. The player directly accesses the file.

If the file resets, I guess the connection somehow gets lost.
To fast forward a video, usually the video needs to be either cached already, or the server needs to support streaming.

More
24 May 2013 16:02 #3518 by Kyle
Replied by Kyle on topic iPhone Streaming.
Ok. I'll have to do some digging then. Thanks anyway!

More
24 May 2013 16:04 #3519 by Andrei Chernyshev
Replied by Andrei Chernyshev on topic iPhone Streaming.
I believe this is common issue with other players as well. i see it all the time with youTube player, netflix and some-others. are you hosting files on your server?

More
24 May 2013 16:08 - 24 May 2013 16:08 #3520 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic iPhone Streaming.
Just wondering: Does this happen while you are moving or also when you're staying at the same place?
Because I could imagine that when the mobile phone changes the radio cell, the data connection may be impacted a bit which may cause the video to reset. Just a guess.
Last edit: 24 May 2013 16:08 by Thomas Hunziker.

More
24 May 2013 16:11 #3521 by Andrei Chernyshev
Replied by Andrei Chernyshev on topic iPhone Streaming.
I've seen it on sitting on wifi next to a hot spot. it could also be a file size, bit rate, and frame rate that play and issue. that's why some services like YouTube, Vimeo create 3 file sizes HD, SD, Mobile.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds